BLUE MOON CLONE

The other day I was searching around for a good Blue Moon clone. What I found was this thread on HomeBrewTalk.com. Basically, someone posted there looking for a Blue Moon clone, and instead of getting a bunch of educated guesses from people that really didn't know, he got a response from a guy that actually helped brew it back in the day when they were originally creating it! Needless to say, I was PUMPED. I love Blue Moon, and I can only imagine how awesome it takes fresh from the brewery.

So anyways, I took all the info, plugged it into BrewSmith, and got this recipe:

1 lbs 3.8 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) Bel (3.0 SRM) Grain 50.00 %
15.8 oz Wheat Malt, Bel (2.0 SRM) Grain 39.92 %
4.0 oz Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 10.08 %
0.29 oz Hallertauer Mittelfrueh [4.00 %] (90 min) Hops 17.4 IBU
0.05 oz Orange Peel, Sweet (Boil 5.0 min) Misc
0.24 oz Coriander Seed (Boil 10.0 min) Misc

Yeast- S05


I made it two days ago before I left for California, and last I checked it was happily bubbling away in my brew closet. Ill take a picture next week and post it, it looks great! I definitely recommend this to anyone, I have a feeling its going to be great. Make sure you do a protein rest when mashing though, all that wheat needs the extra time to make more food for the yeasies. 


Next week Im bottling my blackberry red ale, so hopefully I can give a good update sometime soon.

3 Response to "BLUE MOON CLONE"

  1. Hi There, how did this brew turn out?? Did it come close to Blue moon? Can you give some extra details like the Batch size please

    What kind of a MASH did you use in Beersmith?

    Bryan says:

    Turned out great! I would reccomend drinking fresh, it really changes with age. Not in a bad way, but it tastes the most like Blue Moon when it is younger.

    I mashed at around 150, 1 gallon batch. You should try it!

    Sorry for the late response, I have been on the road with my band the last month ;)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme