THE WHEELS ARE TURNING

Over the past couple weeks I have been doing MAJOR research into starting a brewpub. I have learned so much more about the brewing process, and taking a hard look at what I would really need to get started is actually proving that this is more feasible than I previously imagined. My friend and possible partner in crime Andrew showed me the website for Revolution Brewing in Paonia, CO and that in itself gave me a huge boost of confidence that this is something we could pull off.

I'm thinking that the key is keeping the overhead extremely low... which would include malting and roasting our own grains and coffee beans, having a SUPER ghetto (in looks, not in function) 1 BBL brewing rig, and finding a cheap place to start. This would mean a ton of extra work on our part, but I believe that keeping costs down will make startup much smoother and will give us the advantage of seeing what we can actually afford when it comes to upgrading.

Its also looking like my friend Will from Nashville is willing to join forces and handle the restaurant aspect! Love that man, great vegan cook.

This is shaping up to be great. Baby planning phase is fun, I can't wait to start building.

2 Response to "THE WHEELS ARE TURNING"

  1. Mike says:

    We should talk about this topic sometime. I'm meeting with my investor in less than a month and would love to chat about the process.

    Bryan says:

    O man, I feel like a douche... I dont ever get comments and never check for them, and I just saw this. Ill chat anytime, bryanleavelle@gmail.com.

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme