NEW BREWS, DREAMS OF MALTING, AND THE LOSS OF A FRIEND.

Today I raised a half empty glass of Munich dunkel as I bid the beer farewell. It was a great brew, and I was sad to see it go. Malty, smooth, low ABV easy drinker... I was damn proud of that one. O well, out with the old, in with the new! My Chinook black ale is now occupying the very same keg, and judging from the swig I took when I started the siphon, this recipe is gonna be a keeper! Its an original, basically colored with loads of medium crystal and a tiny hint of chocolate malt. Its dark as night, and the subtle roastieness of the chocolate work VERY well with the loads of pine notes from the Chinook. Very pumped about this one.

Also, I have been researching more and more about malting and roasting my own malt in the last few days, and I am committed. As soon as I have a place big enough, I am going to be the total master of my entire brew, from malting to kilning to mashing to boiling to fermenting. I am super pumped about it, and at 30 cents a pound for unmalted grain, it will be a good choice as far as my bank account is concerned.

Last, I want to raise yet another mug to my friend Mitch Dubey. He was shot and killed two days ago. A senseless tragedy and a big loss for the whole world. He oozed positivity, and he will be sorely missed. We love you, Mitch. Hope you are having a good time, wherever you are.

3 Response to "NEW BREWS, DREAMS OF MALTING, AND THE LOSS OF A FRIEND."

  1. jason says:

    Have you checked out the book "Homebrewer's Garden"? If if you aren't growing stuff yourself I think you might like it. I also really like your blog. :)

    jason says:

    I meant to say even if. Lots of malting info in there.

    Bryan says:

    Dude, thanks! I will pick it up. I have found some great info on the web and in the few hombrewing books I have, but nothing that goes too in depth. Glad you like the blog! You da man.

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme